While attempting to refamiliarize myself with Flash, now known as Animate, I found several long standing issues that I finally wanted to answer. First on the list, is the issue of audio. Through previous undergraduate lectures, as well as teaching the basics to undergraduates as a masters student, a particular annoyance has always been how sound is added to a flash animation. Due to previous lectures, the only method of adding audio is was aware of, would only play the audio when the animation was started from the beginning. However, through experimentation, I found that it was possible to add audio in a way that would allow you to scrub through it at your own pace. This works wonderfully for timing specific moves and tween, but also in adding elements such as lip syncing.
With this in mind, I was able to create a basic mouth model sheet in flash, to work with this new ability. Previously, I would attempt to label the points in the audio where dialogue would start and end, and implement generic mouth movements in an attempt to create some semblance of realism. Alternatively, I would ignore mouth movements, but this would leave to stretches of inanimate and boring animation, followed by rapid movement.