Terry Gilliam, renowned director and animator, is most famous for his work with Monty Python’s Flying Circus, and his films such as Brazil, and Twelve Monkeys. Most recognisable is his animation style. Using cut out images to create short, sometimes elaborate animations. His method of movement is like that of a child playing with paper dolls, creating rapid movement rather than smooth transitions. His work is often surreal, and imaginative in how it interprets the desired message. Creating uncommon associations that also breed humour.
- Monty Python (2015) Terry Gilliam’s deleted animations from Monty Python & The Holy Grail. [Online] YouTube. October 12th. Available from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oGpR_TP7ME [Last Accessed: 30/07/2017]
- iqsquared (2015) Inside the Head of Terry Gilliam. [Online] YouTube. November 6th. Available from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfOSeMa0tmU [Last Accessed: 30/07/2017]
- Monty Python’s Flying Circus. (1969 – 1974) TV. Created by Graham Chapman, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam & Michael Palin. [DVD] BBC: UK.
- Brazil. (1985) Film. Directed by Terry Gilliam. [Blu-Ray] Embassy International Pictures: UK
- Twelve Monkeys (1995) Film. Directed by Terry Gilliam. [Blu-Ray] Universal Pictures: USA